Friday, October 03, 2008

A NEW TRICK!

THANK YOU for your prayers and encouragement... especially following the last blog! Would you believe that after six weeks of spitting it out if his mouth after five sucks, Paul took the pacifier TODAY? I am so happy, you wouldn't even believe it - I truly do feel like this was an answer to prayer.

I think I'm far enough along with the breastfeeding that it won't affect his eating, so it's like I have a new TRICK and it is working! For the first time since we've been here, I ate lunch in silence while he was in his swing sucking away... and then we rocked quietly on our front porch for awhile before he fell asleep. Here's a photo of Paul from his first week of life when he did take the pacifier...

3 comments:

Amy M said...

If you can get the little guy to take a pacifier, they are a lifesaver for sure! Anytime they start getting fussy, just pop it in and enjoy the quiet...till they're about 2-3 yrs old. I hope he continues taking it for you and that it soothes him!! ...and that your air conditioner gets fixed soon or a replacement comes.

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a cute little Paul. He is so little that the pacifier looks huge in his mouth...but I can tell he likes it. : )
Miss you guys!!!!!!!

The Speegles said...

Praise God he took the pacifier!!!!! So exciting that he found something he liked!!!

Blog Archive