Thursday, November 06, 2008

Gimme some power!

Hello from the land of the power outages! It makes it really difficult to keep up a blog when you only have Internet for about two hours of the waking part of the day! Apparently, the Dominican government is indebted to the power company, so the power company decided to sock it to the general population until the government pays up.... ugh... I think we're about to land on the other side of the issue, but we've had horrible power for the past week.

Lots has happened since I last wrote... and since I don't know how long 'til the power shuts off again... I'm going to keep it brief and summarize things and move quickly! I'll also attach a couple of good photos for each, and hopefully will be able to post more later.

Cherry Family Visit -- My Mom, Dad, Sister (Lindsay) and brother-in-law (Joey) were here for over a week. It was an amazing time together at the all-inclusive resort and hanging out at my house. Highlight #1: My sister announcing that she is PREGNANT! We are all thrilled for her and can't wait to meet Baby Keck! Highlight #2: Paul put his feet in the Caribbean Sea for the first time! Highlight #3: The three last days when it was just my parents Paul and me.

Congrats Lindsay and Joey!Mark's Trip to Bolivia -- Mark boarded a plane to La Paz while my parents were with us in the DR for a Latin American Theology Conference. He was thrilled to see old mentors from Wheaton College (Dr. Lindy Scott), travel to another country (which is practially communist at this point!) and get to know Latin Theologians from all over South America. Highlight: Well, we'll have to see what Mark has to say about his highlight, now won't we? :) Paul in Size Two Diapers -- I never thought I would feel anything as my baby progressed from diaper size to diaper size... but (sniff), he said goodbye to the Size 1 Sesame Street characters this week and hello to the Size 2 Winnie the Pooh. He also has crossed over the three months threshold... which means that he is now totally aware of the world around him and how he interacts with it. Goodbye infamous fourth trimester! :) Highlight #1: He found his own feet last week Highlight #2 - His new best friend is a frog... they have quite a relationship as the frog goes everywhere he goes, they trade stories that make him laugh, and he even hits in the face sometimes.

Spinning Classes for Steph: Yup, I have finally decided to get my little self out of the house and do something physically! It's hard when you're breastfeeding, and living here, where everything is 10x as hard to do, I think the timing is finally right. I'm going to start taking classes at our church's workout gym with my friend Jen.

New Favorite Song: I finally found it! I have heard it at a Beth Moore Conference and at a Willow Creek event, and LOVED it... and I finally found the name of the song and dowloaded it onto iTunes. Look it up if you haven't heard it yet...

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song to Him who sits on Heaven's Mercy Seat

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And I will adore You…!

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
To You the Only Wise King,
Yeah

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore You!

Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery

Better run... please keep us in our prayers this next week... we have an announcement to make and will share it on the blog as soon as we can...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you pregnant again?????

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Can't wait to hear what your announcement is...my curiousity is piqued :).

Judi said...

I LOVE the picture of you on the beach with Paul stepping in the water!

Amy M said...

Chant with me: "more picts, more picts!"

Blog Archive