It's 10:17pm on Wednesday night and the house is quiet. All I hear is the sound of our window air conditioner above my head and Paul's breathing. My family left to head back to the United States today, and Mark is still in Bolivia. I had an excellent time with my family, with the past three days being one of my highlights for 2008, as I had unbelievable quality time with my Mom and Dad. The older I get, the more I treasure the small chunks of time I have alone with my parents.
We all had an action-packed last ten days that included beach, lots of food, airport runs, being locked out of the house, swimming in the rain, a birthday cake, lizards, biting ants, crying at 3:30am, new Crocs, visiting churches... and so forth.
I will share more soon, but for now, tonight... I'm going to enjoy the quiet. :)
Here is one of my highlight photos from my family's visit here.
2 comments:
That calmness at night, when baby is asleep and you're still up...it's my favorite time of day. The picture is way cute!
What a great picture of your dad with li'l Paul on the galleria! I'm jealous! It would be heaven to sit there with that precious baby in my lap and a cup of Dominican coffee nearby.
Post a Comment