Monday, February 18, 2008

FINALLY.... and UPDATE

Sorry it has taken so long to write in this blog -- I've had various good friends send me recent emails asking if I'd fallen off the earth -- but instead, something much cooler and exciting than "falling off the earth" has happened.

I'm PREGNANT! :)

Mark and I are 16 weeks (just about four months) pregnant this week and we're SOOO excited. I am currently in KY for five days to be with my family and meet my US doctor so I can have the baby here in Louisville in early August. Although it wasn't a surprise to us, it did happen faster than we were anticipating... but we are remindful that God's timing is perfect and are eager to welcome a new baby Haugen into the world this upcoming summer.

I have a WONDERFUL doctor in the Dominican Republic who is a grandmother type (warm, kind, encouraging with grat hair and a big smile) who is very natural in her approach. She keeps telling me I need to eat plenty of "lechosa, china y vegetales" (papaya, oranges and vegetables), keep the protein high -- and settle it down in my aerobics class.

Being pregnant in the DR is truly a treat -- I get so much positive attention and kisses at every hour, it seems. People who have never really opened up to me seem to want all of the details, promise they will be praying and can't wait to meet their little "sobrino" (nephew/niece).

Anyway, we have had almost five straight weeks of "serving groups" since we got back after Chrismtas, so that's part of the reason for the silence... but no excuses. We have a TON of exciting projects we're working on now -- and I promise to not just write about baby (although I'm not going to be able to help it!).

Thank you for your prayers and being excited for us! (We've already heard that he/she's tall and althetic from our doctor -- shocker! :) :)

3 comments:

The Speegles said...

Yea, you blogged! Hope your trip is going well. Miss you lots here. I blogged some new pictures of Edwin and of our celebration dinner. Check out his fotos...so cute!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! ANOTHER BABY TO LOVE!!!

I hope your time at home in Kentucky was wonderful. Did you set an official date for your return to the states this summer?

Love you~ Allison

Judi said...

It's so fun to hear the excitement in your words about "our" new little baby! We love you three!

Blog Archive