Good morning, folks. It's 6:49am and I'm sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale Southwest Airlines terminal enjoying their free wireless internet and a beautiful sunrise through the huge airport windows. I basically never went to sleep last night. Mark dropped me off at the Santo Domingo Airport at midnight to catch a 2:35am flight. Nuts, I know... but the cost of the roundtrip ticket into the United States was only $145 on Spirit Airlines, so I just had to do it. My Mom/Dad/Lindsay are going to be in Sarasota for most of the week and when I found this cheap of a flight, I went for it.
I'm in the United States for the first time in over seven months, and I have to tell you that I don't feel all that much reverse culture shock. Every time it gets less and less... but I have to tell you, I REALLY enjoyed flushing my toilet paper IN the toilet this morning when I landed in Ft. Lauderdale... and I really enjoy just speaking English... I do have my SPAN-DAR "Spanish Radar" on, though... I can't help but tune into that channel when I hear it. The Mexican girl at the Dunkin Donuts is talking about how they're running out of juice...
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can't wait to see you both soon--and catch up on all your news...
hi!! it was wonderful-linds
Post a Comment