Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Quick Updates

1) Airport Adventures: I just got back from Florida on Monday afternoon after experiencing a flight cancellation Sunday night. Thankfully, my family has awesome friends in the Ft. Lauderdale area, so TIM AND GENORA LOTT (the crowd goes wild!) helped me out big-time and I stayed the night at their place. It was definitely an unexpected blessing. While in the airport, I ran into my small group leader, a Columbian named Consuelo, so it was totally fun that we were on the same flight back to Santo Domingo.

2) Cherry Family Time: The almost-week I spent in Sarasota with my family was great! It was the original "Fantastic Four" with dad/mom/Lindsay/me. Not only did I get to sleep in air conditioning every night, I also got a big plate of cheese fries at Outback Steakhouse and showered in HOT water. It was awesome to spend that time with my family... wouldn't trade it for anything. We enjoyed hitting the Goodwill Stories in the Siesta Key on "Wild Wednesday", which is when all things are half-price. I pretty much have a new wardrobe, thanks to our friends at Goodwill.

3) Soccer Team Small Group: Exciting - we've formed a small group with the older girls on my soccer team. We met tonight and three of the girls showed up to study the book of Santiago (James). None of them have accepted Christ into their lives, so it's cool to watch this practical book guide them in their daily lives. I'm leading it with my friends Maribel and Claudia, so we'll trade off from week-to-week and make the commitment more bite-sized.

4) Leaving on Friday: Finally, and most importantly, we hop onto a Delta plane on Friday afternoon to head to Chicago. We'll get to hang out with the Haugens for two weeks (hooray! we'll finally get to meet our nephew Noah!) while attending the Leadership Summit at Willow and doing some work along the way. If you want to see Mark, you better get your ticket now... the guy is such an extrovert and loves you all (Cam, Dane, Doug, Matt...)

I think that's it for now. We are excited to come home. Oh yeah....

PS - If you could keep us in your prayers over the next two weeks that would be great. We are going to be attending some important meetings with Global Connections and will be meeting with leaders from Willow Creek during our time in Chicago. We obviously always should be asking God for wisdom, but could pray that we have a special dose during our time back home. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are clean sheets on YOUR bed, I'm stocking up on tortilla chips and salsa, and the Chicagoland weather outlook is such that you'll feel right at home in the 90 degree range. Can't wait!

Love you much,
Mom/Judi

Amy M said...

We can't wait to see you--don't book yourself with friends too much, your family misses you!!! See you in two days! : )

Blog Archive