Friday, February 02, 2007

Amoebas

Hey friends. Could you pray for me? I found out that I have amoebas in my system which is causing me to have horrible stomach pains/diarrhea every 6-8 weeks. We went to the clinic yesterday to help us figure it out, and I received medication for the next week. Although all of the internet research I've done says that my type of amoeba is "harmless" it sure doesn't feel that way! My energy level is very low and find myself rotating from the couch to the toilet to the bed - what fun. In addition, we are right in the middle of two weeks with teams from Willow, so Mark has been left alone the past couple of days with me being sick... he's sprinting around to make sure everything happens for an 18-person team and we have another 11-person team join us tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So now you have succumbed to the scourge of many missionaries in the tropics, amoebic dysentery. Praise the Lord for drugs to cure you by annhilating those wretched little beasts! Get well quickly, Stephanie. In the meantime, I have Isaac saying, "Poor Aunt Teffi!" with a really sorrowful look on his face.

Love you much!
Mom/Judi

Anonymous said...

We will definitely pray for you. It will give me an opportunity to share a little more about mission work with my 3 year old daughter.
We love & miss you guys.
Log - Beth - Rav

Blog Archive