Over the course of a week, the team built a new home for a Haitian-Dominican family in great need. I was so impressed with the family (Amable, the father and his three daughters, Nairobi, Raquel and Ana) and the church, as they helped to build the house alongside the Northeast group. Their smiles were contagious and it was obvious that Jesus Christ is the rock that they stand upon as they deal with their many struggles (no electricity, a hole in the ground for a toilet, no medication when they are sick). I was priveledged to know this little family personally and share time and meals with them over the course of the week... God has really provided for me with my Spanish and the ability to communicate with such amazing people.
The following photos are the house they lived in before...
Nairobi (12 years old) at her front door
The bed that the three girls slept in together
And these are the photos of the new house and bed....


1 comment:
I love the name Nairobi, and those pictures really are telling!
Love,
Mom/Judi
Post a Comment