Look at the satellite photo carefully... do you see island covered in orange, purple and red?That's us. :)
We have had rain here for the past 36 hours NON-STOP. It has been unbelievable and I don't believe I've experienced anything like this in my life (have I, Mom? :) Fortunately, we have not been hit with any of the hurricane-like winds, but the rain has been falling steadily for a long, long time. As we were driving around today, there were hardly any cars as many streets were half flooded and few people cared to venture out of their homes.
It's a little different here as I stop to consider the ramifications of this much rain on many of our friends here in the DR, especially the kids on our soccer team who live in a valley right by the river. I'm certain that many of their homes are flooded with the sewage from the nasty water from the Ozama River.
You know, I think I just heard it stop..... hooray.

No comments:
Post a Comment