I've been sick quite a bit with stomach problems in the past six weeks. Thankfully, I married a guy who seriously "comes to the rescue and likes it" when I don't feel too hot. About six weeks ago, I started to experiment with brushing my teeth with the normal tap water and I haven't been the same every since. I thought, after living here for three months, it was time for me to try to adapt to the water... but I guess I thought wrong. We're heading back to the states in less than three weeks, and I think it is going to be so weird to do the following things: 1) drink from the tap 2) throw toilet paper in the toilet 3) eat at a fast food restaurant that truly serves you quickly 4) go to kohls and buy clothes at like 80% off (there really aren't sales or specials here... my dad the shopper would die) 5) not sweat off about 1 lb/day 6) not be able to see the ocean 7) drive and not feel like I am going to die each time I take the wheel 8) hang out with a bunch of white-skinned people
The things I'm really looking forward to are: 1) being with my family!!! 2) worshipping in english 3) attending the Leadership Summit in Chicago 4) sleeping in air conditioning 5) sharing stories with friends about how things are going in their lives... in english!
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment