Last night I was blessed to be a part of a Dominican women's prayer group.
Upon arrival, I thought about my life in the US and how I would probably NOT go to prayer group on a Friday night... there were always so many other options (movies, out-to-eat, concerts, rental flicks) that attending a group focused on prayer would not have been my choice for Friday. No way.
But last night, that was exactly where I (and God) wanted to be. I needed prayer and I need friends. God provided for me, in that little hot apartment, where I really couldn't understand everything being said, and I knew the power and peace of God were present in that place. It's striking when you meet and get to know Christians in other cultures... and you see how His grace and love bind you together.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment