Friday, August 22, 2008

Photos of Paul Elias

Get ready folks -- you are going to start seeing some WEIRD posting times for a few months. It's 3:04am and I'm in the middle of a night feeding. Thanks for your prayers this week as we are enjoying this new little life and all of the adjustments that come with it. So far, Paul is a total miracle and wonderful!!! For someone who has never really been an "infant person," I have fallen in love already and can't believe how cool being a mom is....

Norton Suburban Hospital in Louisville KY
I was so excited that my sister Lindsay came in from Baltimore the night before... she's a nanny and massage therapist, so those skills have come in handy this week in addition to her just being my awesome sister! Love ya LD!

Phil and Judi (Mark's parents) came all of the way from Wheaton IL the night before and were with us throughout the first couple of days. The delivery room was really nice and people were in and out all day.

Mark and Great-Grandma Cherry
Paul's due date was 8/8/08, Great-Grandma's 84th birthday

Dr. Angela Bell, a member of Northeast Christian Church (my parents' church) delivered Paul - at this point, I was 10 cm dilated and it was time to push! (How did I muster up a smile for this photo!? :)

Welcome to the world, Paul Elias Haugen! Your mom and dad have been praying for you for months!

As soon as Paul arrived, we heard that he had meconium in his lungs. I got to hold him for about one minute before they whisked him off to be checked. I couldn't help but keep saying, "You're going to be okay! I'm so proud of you! " over and over...

Paul Elias Haugen, about two hours old

Proud daddy Mark, who cried like a baby in the delivery room :)

Me, Paul and my dad -- first time Grandpa (GP)
My Mom, who will be called GiGi... could you have a prouder smile?

UNTIL THE NEXT FEEDING... MORE TO COME. :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, great pictures. Keep them coming. We're very excited for you guys.
Love, Tim & Genora

Anonymous said...

Congrats - just got home from a week of cam and checked out your news! We're so excited for all of you - welcome to the world Paul!

Love, the NH Kastens

The Speegles said...

Yea for middle of the night posts! Love that Mark cried, how sweet to see him that overcome by joy! Miss and love you girl! Get some rest and sleep when Paul does (as much as you can)...can't wait to see you here.

Amy M said...

Steph, you've got to post some new picts. Your sister did on facebook and he already looks so much bigger and different than his hospital picts. It's amazing how much they change the whole first year, but esp. the first 3-6 mo. Keep the picts coming, we can't wait to see him in person! : )

Judi said...

Paul Elias is a little doll! I miss him!

Hilary said...

I'm so happy for all three of you! Love and hugs to all.

Blog Archive