Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hi there from KY

Today is July 27. My due date is August 8. That means I am ten days away from my due date. We are both ready to get the party started and for baby Haugen to arrive. :) His room is ready, the bag is packed, the car seat is properly installed and the diaper rash ointment has been purchased. Now, let the fun begin, right? :)

Mark/I have both been living in Louisville, Kentucky with my parents for the past three weeks. Not only are we living at my parents' home, we are also sleeping in my old room! Although it has no resemblance of the room I decorated with a Holly Hobby bedspread and basketball posters years ago, it is still, technically, my room, and I am quite happy to be here.

It's wonderful to be home with my parents and to enjoy the luxuries of air conditioning, Mark's Feed Store BBQ, half price books stores, better priced gasoline (!) and Red Box movies. As weird as it was for me to leave the Dominican Republic weeks ago, knowing that I would be gone for months, it's nice to be here and to have so much quality time in Louisville! I haven't really lived here since the summer of 1998, so it's awesome to see how the city has changed and just to catch up with old friends, eat lunch with Grandma, go to Derby Dinner Playhouse with Mom, pick out patio furniture with Dad, etc.

For having such a delightfully easy pregnancy, I will say that the last month or so is definitely tough. My new friend Laura is lending me her body pillow, so that has been a welcomed addition to my old room as well.

We'll keep you in the loop as things progress.... thanks for your prayers and support! :)

PS - In case you were wondering how Mark is doing, he has had a very full social life since he's here. Shocker, eh? (Sarcasm) He plays soccer with a bunch of Mexican guys at the local park 2-3 nights/week, went golfing and water skiing last week, is preaching at a small church this Sunday... I think he's doing just fine. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're SO excited for all of you and can't wait to hear the news that he's arrived! We're praying for you - enjoy Louisville! NH is great!
Stacey and Gang

Amy M said...

What church is Mark preaching at?? That was a surprise to read!

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Yay...it's so good to get an update! You are one of three friends due in the next ten days (the other two are my roommates from Wheaton!). I'm biting my nails in excited anticipation! Good luck...I can't wait to see pictures :). And by the way, I still sleep with my body pillow (which Dustin gave me when I was pregnant with Fen)...once you have one, it pretty much stays forever :).

Dane Ortlund said...

Thinking of you both in this exciting time.

Christi Scholl said...

Thanks for the update! We are so excited for both of you.
Christi, Nathan and Hunter

Judi said...

Thanks for the newsy update! We wish that we were closer during this time in your lives and are anxiously awaiting the call that will put us on the road to Louisville!

Laila said...

Stephanie!
I found your blog through Annie's, and I thought I would let you know that I've been reading it :) I'm so excited for you and Mark! Congratulations!

Laila :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update. I am so excited for y ou both. I tried calling your cell several times and even tried Marks but I can't seem to connect. I'll be praying for you.
Love ya,
Michelle

Blog Archive