Sunday, March 30, 2008

Checking in...

Hey everybody! (Well, our blog readership may be down to just our families now, but that still deserves a "Hey everybody!", right?) :)

We've had a very busy month. Two weeks ago, my friend Jaime was here for a wonderful week of playing at the beach. She departed on a Thursday afternoon, and we picked up a student team from Willow Creek on Saturday afternoon. Our last week with them was filled with loud, kickin' music and getting to spend time with some of the most wonderful Dominican friends we have here.

Over the course of the week, I think we attended like four worship events that had the loudness of any U2 concert I've ever gone to.... and our baby was kicking like crazy! It is moving and jumping and pushing like never before. One of our Dominican friends, PJ, said it must have some "rapper" in its genes. (Although I really can't imagine one of mine and Mark's children being a rapper - with gold chains and big phat sunglasses - just for a minute, try to imagine - you can't, can you?)

Anyway, in just a few hours we pick up Phil and Judi (Mark's parents) and we get to spend a whole week with them here on our turf. Mark has essentially every day and meal planned out with precision, so it will be fun to see how it all plays out. We're excited and will definitely send you updates along the way!

PS - I'm mourning the loss of the Louisville Cardinals this morning. They gave UNC a good fight and I think the referees stunk. And the commentators... don't even get me going... drove me crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry...you do have an audience outside of your families!i'm a loyal non-family member reader...love your blog :).

Blog Archive