Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tropical Storm Noel

We just got back from our 10-day stealth visit to the United States for meetings with Willow Creek. We're sorry to those of you who we weren't able to connect up with... our time was packed and focused with a zillion meetings to talk through the future of Global Connections. I'll write more about that in my next blog.

I know I haven't written in the blog for a long time now... so there is much to tell... but we just got back about two hours ago and are hearing about the aftermath of Tropical Storm Noel (that we missed, thankfully). Things are really pretty beaten up, it seems, as there are two major bridges out which prevent most everyone from the south and west to come to the capital. There are housing problems, no school for at least this entire week... we even found a tree on top of our car when we arrived and could barely open the door since the wood was so swollen from all of the humidity and rain.

Anyway, keep us (and the DR) in your prayers this week. Mark is going to an assessment in the morning of how things are with our churches all over the country. I'll write more soon...

1 comment:

Judi said...

We'll definitely be praying for you and for the D.R. It was wonderful having you here with us, but we know that you're where you need to be right now. God bless you!

Thanks for the good time at Maggiano's last Friday. Wasn't it fun to be one of the Stephanie Haugen parties?

Thanks for your sweet note left in the bedroom today, Steph. It felt weird walking in there when I came home from work today. Where were the suitcases? Where were the flatscreen monitors? Where were you?

Love you much!
Mom/Judi

Blog Archive