Tuesday, August 21, 2007

We're in Chicago for another 36 hours...

Mark and I have been in Chicago for two and a half weeks now... and it has been quite the adventure. I have lots of crazy photos from our fun Haugen vacation in Muskegon, Michigan (where we stayed in a SWEET lakehouse) and can't wait to post them here when I have a moment. Although we have been staying at Phil/Judi's house (Mark's parents), we have been highly involved in meetings up at Willow during our time here.

Without getting into lots of details, I have been sad that our time here has been so crazy work-wise that we haven't been able to get together with as many friends/family as we would have liked. Mark and I knew we would be working, but hadn't expected this much. Thankfully, we were able to squeeze in some quality time with our nephews, attend a couple of "early birthday" parties for Mark (thanks Walters/Williams!), hit the sales racks at Kohls and get plenty of good old American French Fries (how does that work, exactly?! :)

Anyway, for those of you who are people committed to prayer, we would ask that you would please lift us up and ask God to grant us wisdom and peace specifically. It is time to "re-up" our commitment to being in the Dominican Republic and we are wrestling with what to do. Thanks for cheering us on with our work, but also for loving us for just being who we are!

Thank you and love you!

No comments:

Blog Archive