Saturday, November 18, 2006

A special set of visitors!

Hello friends! I haven't blogged in practically three weeks and there's lots to catch up on! First, and most importantly, my parents are in town (my Dad has been here for two weeks and my Mom for one...) and we have had an amazing time together. My Dad came into Santo Domingo two weeks ago with a group for a missions trip with Northeast and we travelled together (via public transport) to La Romana to meet up with the group and spend the week with them (I'll add an entry about that soon...) and my Mom showed up last Friday night just for fun! We've had an awesome, refilling time with them. I am so thankful for their visit and the refreshment they bring to my life. I wish they could stay one more week rather than just one more day!

Visiting Tres Ojos Cave


Mom/Dad at the first governor's palace in the americas
(behind them is a statue of the first governor, Christopher Colombus)



The first cathedral in the americas (currently used as a Catholic church)


Mark/I in the front of the cathedral just at sunset

Mom celebrating her birthday in Dominican style
(cake topped with a lit sparkler and special version of "Happy Birthday")

Enjoying dinner at an all-inclusive resort in Bayahibe (just outside of La Romana)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see you with your parents; you all look so very happy! Thanks for all of the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of you all!! It looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Next time we come, I want to see the places you all went to see...they're beautiful!

=] Deb

Blog Archive