Thursday, September 21, 2006

Un Papi con Pocas Pulgas (A Dad with a Few Fleas)

Every Wednesday night at 7:30pm, our church transforms into a movie theater and shows a newly released film... popcorn and all. It's especially easy for our church to turn into a movie theater because that is what it used to be before it was a church.

The cool thing is that hundreds of non-Christians show up weekly to the church building to watch the movie, and many people have come to know Christ with the "CineForum" ministry being their first steps into the building. The movies are shown for free, and for this under-resourced community, it is a really great way to spend your Wednesday night as a family... considering that to rent a movie here costs the same as going to the theaters.

Last Sunday, I invited my girls' soccer team to church on Wednesday night to watch "Un Papi con Pocas Pulgas," which is actually Tim Allen's version of Shaggy Dog. I took a risk. We hadn't done anything outside of soccer, and none of them are active in a church of any kind... and I always run the risk that they may not understand me! :)

I was so elated last night when NINE of the thirteen girls on my soccer team showed up to watch Shaggy Dog. Although most of them were 16-17 years old, they thought it was hilarious and I was so pleased to be sitting with them in the same seats where I worship each week. So cool! Please keep the girls in your prayers as I am praying about how God wants to use my life to encourage/challenge them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you and your girls! They'll never forget you.

Blog Archive