Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Finalmente Estoy Blogueando

Hello to all of you friends and family who have come to read and enjoy this blog. I just want to say thank you to my wonderful and creative wife for all of her hard work at keeping you informed about what is happening in our life down here in the Carribean. I plead negligence when it comes to doing my part. I honestly didn't know much about blogs when she started getting into this, and I didn't really think anyone would visit. Thankfully you are- and it's been fun reading your comments. I just want to encourage more of you to comment. You're all hearing from us- or at least Stephanie. We'd love to hear from you. Maybe even start your own blog. It works. People read them. You're reading this. I'll read yours. Just give it a try.

I was reading Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis" last week. It's an interesting book. I wish I could sum up the main point. I can't. It's mainly just his platform to share a bunch of interesting and borderline controversial ideas that have been spinning up in his head. Very challenging though, and definitely worth the read. In any case, Rob Bell writes in little choppy sentences. After I wrote the last line in my previous paragraph I realized I do the same. Do I want to be like Rob Bell? Maybe. At least in some regards. If he was truly as organic, alternative, and earthy as he claims, I think we would all be downloading his sermons and Nooma videos for free. Where do you stand on Rob Bell? Write and let us know. I think that this question may be just the right launching pad for inspiring a more impressive number of comments.

Next time I'll reflect on life here. I promise. There's really a lot going on.

Adios amigos.

Mark

5 comments:

Stephanie Cherry Haugen said...

after months of wanting you to post, it's good to hear from you mark... steph :)

Anonymous said...

Hola from WBC!
I enjoy listening to an occasional message of Rob Bell online (for free). We have used some of his Nooma's for our high school group. Some students love it, some are bored.
I love his passion and energy.
I don't always agree with him.

Mark

Anonymous said...

You are so weird, but it's good to hear from you in this way! Your writing sounds just the way you talk.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark

Your sista' here, still wondering if you got that card I sent for your bday.

And no, I know absolutely nothing about the organic Rob Bell. I do know Rob Bugh however...

--Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Haugens!! It's me...Carrie Larson! I don't have anything related to Rob Bell to write, but since you said to say hello I wanted to say hello! Steph sent me your blogspot so now I can see your pretty faces!! Glad all is going well for you! :)

Blog Archive