Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday, thursday... just thoughts....

I'm sitting at my little rickety card table desk, feeling bad that I hadn't written in my blog this week. We have been incredible busy with another furgon... Marino Moreta came in the banana truck to pick up 40 boxes of used clothes for his community this morning, so that's good. I found out I'm going to start an official Willow Creek DR blog in the next couple months, so you'll start to really get the scoop as this will become the non-public alternative blog. :)

Yesterday, Mark/I finally discovered where the seemingly "ant farm" was coming from in our kitchen. We killed the little nest and hopefully I can cook now without having to pick 2-3 off of my arms every five minutes. We also had a downpour during our lunch hour... we put on bathing suits and showered outside before returning back to the church for work. I tried to attach a video of the rainstorm, but it seems blogspot.com thinks it's too big or something.

I'm beginning to be able to put words to how I've been feeling the past two weeks. Things are no longer weird here... that at the beginning were really bizarre (milk in a box, people trying to sell you soap at stoplights, unlocking 4 locks to get into your house, homeless people on every corner, taking public transportation where you can look down and see the road underneath your feet b/c there is a hole in the floor).

The hardest thing for me is not having a voice. Although I'm learning spanish and am really enjoying the culture, it is hard, after four months, to not be able to really be understood or have any sort of influence. People like me and I like them, but I'm used to having a voice, an opinion, a say... and I'm still not at that point. I have cool acquaintances, but you know, it's not the same when you just can't say the things that you would say.

I don't know where you are on spiritual gifts, but when I took my spiritual gifts test last time, mine were encouragment, leadership, apostleship, discernment. All of which, with the execption of discernment, you need to have a voice... so I'm taking each day as it comes and asking God how He wants to use me. As you try to walk today listening for the guidance of the Holy Spirit, please remember to say a prayer for us as we are still adjusting to figure out who we are in this new culture and how God wants to use us....

Have a good thursday.

No comments:

Blog Archive