Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Copa Mundial
I wish my first entry in the blog was something really interesting, but really, today was our most American-ish day we've had since we've moved here! The entire country has the day off of work today for Corpus Christi. Since no one could really explain to me what Corpus Christi really was all about (except that it was Catholic), I did a quick Web search and this is what I found: Corpus Christi is a religious holiday--instigated in 1311--to celebrate the doctrine of the symbolism in the Mass of the Host which is taken in communion as the body of Christ--'corpus Christi'. The Corpus Christi Feast celebrates the possibility of salvation through the sacrifice of Christ at the Crucifixion made available to all through communion in the Christian Mass.Is this quote saying that we are saved through taking communion? Interesting...Anyway, Mark/I headed down to the Jaragua hotel on the Malecon (oceanside walk) to watch the World Cup games in a sports bar inside the hotel. We saw England beat Trinidad and Tobago in the last four minutes of the game... and I have to admit I was cheering for T and T since they are closer in proximity to us now. It's funny how much my perspective on things has been changing since we've moved here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment